F A Q and General Information
Moxie Outdoor Adventures offers river trips in Maine for all ages and skill levels, mild to wild , families to fanatics; we have a trip for you. Below is some information that will help you in planning your trip!
Call 1-800-866-6943 for reservations. We can hold a reservation for 48 hours, however a 50% deposit is required to secure your reservation. All reservations must be paid in full 45 days prior to the trip. Reservations become non refundable at this time. We will contact you before cancelling any reservation.
River Trip Release Forms
Adult | Youth
What you should know about your rafting trip!
- This is important for your enjoyment on all our river adventures
- Start with a bathing suit and add on: fleece, wool or synthetic top, socks, (NO COTTON, it gets wet and it gets cold) a wind breaker or paddling jacket, hat and shoes that will stay on such as sneakers or secure sandals.
- Bring sunscreen, sun hat, you will be on the river for several hours.
- Bring bug repellent (a must in early June)
- Your trip includes lunch; let us if you have any special needs or allergies.
- Bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated.
- Guides have a dry bag for any special medication or food you may need bring it along.
- If you wear wear glasses you'll need something to hold them on. We sell eye glass straps.
- Wet suits are available for rent the morning of your trip: $20 full wetsuit, including booties, $8 Paddle Jacket.
- You will get wet! All trips are rain or shine.
- Special river shirts are available for sale in the morning for your comfort.
- We will provide you with guides, paddles, type V life jackets and helmets.
- We use state of the art self bailing rafts
- After a safety talk, we shuttle by bus to the river.
- An average river trip is 3 to 4 hours on the river. Some longer, some shorter.
- Photographers or Videographers will be available along the river to catch your most exciting moments.
- After your trip your guides will conduct a slide or video show and you can order prints and videos at that time.
- All participants are required to sign a liability release form. See the online form below.
ABOUT OUR GUIDES
- It takes a lot of effort and understanding to become a Moxie Outdoor Adventures Guide. Every professional guide in Maine must pass rigid qualifications set by the state. Each and every guide holds certification in CPR and first aid. Many are also Emergency Medical Technicians. We have several guides with up to 25 years of experience guiding throughout the country!
- Our Staff is personally hand-selected because we understand that Moxie Outdoor Adventures must supply the best experience to our guests. That all begins with our guides: their expertise and confidence on the river, their attitude toward the environment and people, their cooperative spirit and enthusiasm for the sport of whitewater rafting. They love going rafting. Whether it is rafting the Dead River at flood stage or float with a family on their first rafting trip, our guides love the rivers and the people and it shows.
- Interested in becoming a Whitewater Guide? We run an annual Whitewater Guide Schools at Moxie Outdoor Adventures. Training programs are run in the spring and fall. Call for details 800-866-6943.
GET YOURSELF A FREE RIDE !
- Just book 20 rafters at full retail price and your rafting trips is free !
- Any River Any Time
Refund and Cancellation policy :
- To insure passenger safety Moxie Outdoor Adventures, INC. reserves the right to run alternate rivers, adjust raft size or cancel any trip due to unexpected water levels and conditions. Any such adjustments or cancellations would be refunded according to the difference in price of each passenger’s reservation.
- Trip times may be adjusted to accommodate unusual circumstance on our rivers such as mechanical failures or delays in dam release. Different trip times, alternate trips or sections of river will be made available in these instances. Refunds will only be given if trips are cancelled by Moxie Outdoor Adventures. Rafting trips will be rescheduled or cancelled if there are not enough participants to safely run the river.
- If you cancel your reservation: Unless noted, lodging and trip reservations are non refundable 30 days prior to your trip."If written cancellation is received by Moxie Outdoor Adventures 30 days prior to your trip, we will give you a full refund minus a $25.00 per person processing fee. If you cancel your lodging or trip less than 30 days prior to your trip date, are late for the trip, miss the shuttle, leave early, or are a no show for you lodging or trip, no refund will be given. Monies forfeited may not be applied to any balances that may be due. If we can reschedule your trip a $25.00 per person rescheduling fee will be charge as well as any difference in trip fare. In the event of abnormal water or weather conditions, Moxie Outdoor Adventures reserves the right to lengthen or shorten the river trip. If water levels are abnormally high or low, weather conditions deemed unsafe, we reserve the right to switch the river we run and refuse to rent equipment on any given day." If we do not have enough participants to safley run your trip we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule your trip to a future date.
For questions or more information please contact Moxie Outdoor Adventures. email@example.com or call us at 1-800-866-6943
SEE YOU ON THE RIVER!